Alghassim Khamis, the Chief Prosecutor of the Central African Nation, on Monday said security forces in Chad, had arrested 60 suspected militants and dismantled a cell responsible for two suicide bomb attacks in N’djamena on June 15. He said the two coordinated bomb at the police offices in N’Djamena, killed 34 people, including four suspected Boko Haram militants, and injured dozens.
“Communications equipment has been seized and thanks to new technology, witness testimony and an examination of the victims, it is clear the attack was well planned ,with explosive vests made from a specially-constructed black tissue. “An active cell of a terrorist network has been identified and dismantled, and that those arrested came from Chad, Cameroon, Mali and Nigeria,” He revealed.
Khamis said it was the largest attack of its kind in Chad. He identified one attacker as Issa Oumar, alias Issa Tchoulou, but did not give his nationality. Khamis said bomb fragments collected at the sites, had been turned over for analysis to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation.